Adding strategies to data flows
Reference Strategy rules to apply predictive analytics, adaptive analytics, and other business rules when processing data in your data flow. Build data flows that can leverage strategies to identify the optimal action to take with customers to satisfy their expectations while also meeting business objectives. For example, based on the purchase history, you can prepare a sales offer that each individual customer is likely to accept.
In a data flow, click the Plus icon on a shape, and select Strategy.
Double-click the Decision strategy shape to configure it.
In the Strategy field, select a strategy that you want to reference in this shape.
Select one of the following modes for running the strategy in your data flow:
- Make decision - The strategy that is executed by the data flow is designed only to issue a decision. For example, the strategy selects the best proposition for each customer and passes this information for further processing in the your data flow.
- Make decision and store data for later response capture - The strategy that is executed by the data flow is designed to issue a decision and you want to store the decision results for a specified period of time. You can use this data for delayed adaptive model learning and issuing a response capture at a later time. In the Store data for field, specify how long you want to store inputs passed to adaptive models and strategy results.
- Capture response for previous decision by interaction ID - The strategy that is executed by the data flow is designed to retrieve the adaptive inputs and strategy results for the interaction ID.
- Capture response for previous decision in the past period - The strategy that is executed by the data flow is designed to retrieve the adaptive inputs and strategy results from the particular period of time.
Select the class where you want to store strategy results by selecting one of the following options:
- Individually in <class_name> - Use the strategy result class (default option). Each result is emitted to the destination individually.
- Updated in <class_name> - Use the input class of the strategy pattern as the output class. You can embed the strategy results in the top-level page.
- Embedded in - Enter any other class to store your strategy results. You can embed the strategy results in a different class.
When you change the default output class, map the properties from the strategy result class to the properties of the class that you select.
To improve the performance of the strategy, in the Output properties section, select specific properties for processing.By limiting the number of properties that the strategy processes to a minimum, you increase the processing speed. The properties that you select are included in the strategy results and are available in the data flow.The system selects a number of default output properties. Pega recommends that you keep the default properties because clearing the selection may cause issues in your application.
- About Event strategy rule
Event strategies provide the mechanism to simplify the complex event processing operations. You specify patterns of events, query for them across a data stream, and react to the emerging patterns. The sequencing in event strategies is established through a set of instructions and execution points from real-time data to the final emit instruction. Between real-time data and emit, you can apply filter, window, aggregate, and static data instructions.
- Creating a data flow
Create a data flow to process and move data between data sources. Customize your data flow by adding data flow shapes and by referencing other business rules to do more complex data operations. For example, a simple data flow can move data from a single data set, apply a filter, and save the results in a different data set. More complex data flows can be sourced by other data flows, can apply strategies for data processing, and open a case or trigger an activity as the final outcome of the data flow.
- Types of data flows
Data flows are scalable data pipelines that you can build to sequence and combine data based on various data sources. Each data flow consists of components that transform data and enrich data processing with business rules.
- Types of Data Set rules
Learn about the types of data set rules that you can create in Pega Platform.