Analyzing and configuring predictors
Review the data and confirm the initial treatment of predictors.
In the Data analysis step, click the predictor that you want to analyze.
On the predictor workspace, click a tab for the stage that you want to view:
- To view detailed information on such data as name, role, type, and description, click Properties.
- To view raw distribution for each interval on the Graphical view tab or the Tabular view tab, click Raw distribution.
Use raw distirbution data to compare the distribution of values and the behavior and robustness of predictors in the selected sample.
- To view the symbolic or numeric binning of predictors, click Binning.
- To view combined values and ranges based on the similarity of behavior of the fields, click Grouping.
Confirm your changes by clicking Submit.
- Raw distribution
Use the Raw distribution tab to check the predictive power of fields in the selected sample.
- Binning predictors
A predictor is a field that has a predictive relationship with the outcome (the field whose behavior you want to predict). Predictors contain information about the cases whose values might show an association with the behavior you are trying to predict.
- Grouping options for predictors
Grouping allows you to combine values or ranges based on the similarity of predictor behavior.