Configuration settings for nodes
Use the following configuration settings to specify directories for decision management node resources and to select services that you want to enable when starting Pega Platform.
Apply these settings through the
prconfig.xml file. If applicable, configure these settings individually for each node in the cluster.
- A comma separated list of values that configures the services operating in a Pega Platform node. The possible values are DDS, DataFlow, ADM, and VBD.
- The directory that stores the commit log for decision management nodes. The default directory location is
- The directory that stores SSTables. The default directory location is
- By default, the traffic between decision management nodes is compressed. For PPC64 architecture CPUs or old Linux distributions where the Snappy compression library is unavailable, disable compression.
- Enabling decision management services
Decision management services comprise the technical foundation of decision management. Learn more about decision management services and how to enable them to fully benefit from next-best-action strategies and other decision management features in Pega Platform.
- Changing node settings by modifying the prconfig.xml file
Although it is a best practice to change system configuration settings by modifying the dynamic system settings, you can also change individual node settings in on-premises environments by modifying system settings in the prconfig.xml file.
- Configuring dynamic system settings
As a best practice, set system configuration settings by using dynamic system settings data instances. For example, you can use a dynamic system settings to configure which fields are available in full-text search. Dynamic system settings are stored in the Pega Platform database and are used by all nodes that share that database.