Configuring batch case runs
Use a batch case run to test the performance of your strategy and identify which components need optimization. Run your strategy on a data set or a subset of records to identify the most popular propositions, check whether customers are receiving offers, and make sure that your strategy is executed as intended.
Search for and open a Strategy rule.
On the right side of the strategy canvas, expand the Test run panel.
In the Test run panel, click the Batch tab.
In the Analyze section, select an option, and then configure the necessary settings:
Choices Configuration Decisions Select the simulation test that you want to run from the following options:
- Select An existing simulation test, and then select the simulation ID. To check the configuration of the simulation test, click Open.
- Select A new simulation test and specify the data flow, data set, or report definition that you want to use as the input data of the simulation test.
Select the source and the subject of the test that you want to run from the following options:
- Select Data set and specify a data set instance that you want to use as the source of the test run.
- Select Data flow and specify a data flow instance that you want to use as the source of the test run.
Specify the number of records on which you want to run the test by selecting one of the following options:
- To test the strategy on all available records in the specified data source, select All records.
- To test the strategy on a specific number of records, select A limited number of records and specify the number of records to use in the test run. The system uses that number of records from the top of the data set or data flow that you selected as the source.
- Select An existing simulation test, and then select the simulation ID.
Analyze the results.Decision simulation tests do not support all components. This includes adaptive and predictive models, scorecards, decision trees, decision tables, and others. If a decision simulation test does not include a component, the canvas does not display results for that component.
To see if a component is optimized, at the top of the strategy canvas, click Show optimization.The following symbols appear on strategy components:
- A check mark for optimization
- A warning sign for a lack of optimization
To see the results for a specific non-optimized strategy component, click that component.The Test run panel displays different performance results for components depending on optimization. Non-optimized components display values for all performance statistics. For example, if you click a non-optimized component, the results display such information as processing speed and throughput. Optimized components do not display any performance statistics in the results.
- Decision statistics
When you select Decisions as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape:
- Performance statistics
When you select Performance as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape: