Configuring the DataSet-Execute method for Visual Business Director
You can automate data management operations on records that are defined by the Visual Business Director (VBD) data set by using the DataSet-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
Create an activity rule from the navigation panel, by clicking DataSet-Execute method., to start theFor more information, see Activities - Completing the New or Save As form.
Click the activity Steps tab.
In the Method field, enter DataSet-Execute.
In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
Optional: Enter a description for the method.
Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
In the Data Set field, enter the name of the data set that represents the Visual Business Director data source.A Visual Business Director data set belongs to the Data-pxStrategyResult class.
In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending on the type of operation, specify additional settings.
- Aggregate — Reduce the number of records that the VBD data set needs to store on its partitions. For more information, see Aggregation on the Visual Business Director data set.
- Browse — Read all records from the VBD data set.
- In the Maximum number of records to read field, enter a value to define the threshold for stopping the browse operation. You can also define this value through an expression. For more information, see Expressions — Examples.
- In the Store results in field, define the result page. The result page consists of an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Get statistics — Get the VBD data source statistics.
- In the Store results in field, define a clipboard page to contain the results of this operation.
- Save — Save records passed by a page or data transform in
the VBD data source.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check
box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List
page.After a Save, the data source is visible on the Data Sources tab of the Visual Business Director landing page. Use the data source when writing to VBD in interaction rules and decision data flows.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Truncate — Remove all records from the VBD data source.