Configuring the DataSet-Execute method for Visual Business Director
You can automate data management operations on records that are defined by the Visual Business Director (VBD) data set by using the DataSet-Execute method. You can perform these operations programmatically, instead of doing them manually.
Create an activity rule from the navigation panel, by clicking DataSet-Execute method., to start theFor more information, see Creating an activity.
Click the activity Steps tab.
In the Method field, enter DataSet-Execute.
In the Step page field, specify the step page on which the method operates, or leave this field blank to use the primary page of this activity.
Optional: Enter a description for the method.
Click the Arrow icon to the left of the Method field to expand the Method Parameters section.
In the Data Set field, enter the name of the data set that represents the Visual Business Director data source.A Visual Business Director data set belongs to the Data-pxStrategyResult class.
In the Operation list, select the type of operation. Depending on the type of operation, specify additional settings.
- Aggregate — Reduce the number of records that the VBD data set needs to store on its partitions. For more information, see Aggregation on the Visual Business Director data set.
- Browse — Read all records from the VBD data set.
- In the Maximum number of records to read field, enter a value to define the threshold for stopping the browse operation. You can also define this value through an expression. For more information, see Expressions — Examples.
- In the Store results in field, define the result page. The result page consists of an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Get statistics — Get the VBD data source statistics.
- In the Store results in field, define a clipboard page to contain the results of this operation.
- Save — Save records passed by a page or data transform in the VBD data source.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List page.After a Save, the data source is visible on the Data Sources tab of the Visual Business Director landing page. Use the data source when writing to VBD in interaction rules and decision data flows.
- Select the Save list of pages defined in a named page check box to save the list of pages from an existing Code-Pega-List page.
- Truncate — Remove all records from the VBD data source.
- About Data Set rules
Data sets define collections of records, allowing you to set up instances that make use of data abstraction to represent data stored in different sources and formats. Depending on the type selected when creating a new instance, data sets represent Visual Business Director (VBD) data sources, data in database tables or data in decision data stores. Through the data management operations for each data set type, you can read, insert and remove records. Data sets are used on their own through data management operations, as part of combined data
- Methods and instructions by function
- DataSet-Execute method
Apply the DataSet-Execute method to perform data management operations on records that are defined by data set instances. By using the DataSet-Execute method, you can automate these operations and perform them programmatically instead of doing them manually. For example, you can automatically retrieve data from a data set every day at a certain hour and further process, analyze, or filter the data in a data flow.