When you select Decisions as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape:
- The highest ranked decisions - indicates the most popular propositions.
- The lowest ranked decisions - indicates the least popular propositions.
- Number of records with decisions - indicates the number of records and per cent of the total number of records associated with at least one decision for each shape and in the strategy.
A record (customer) can be associated with multiple decisions. A record can also be associated with no decisions at all.
- Strategy rule form - Completing the Strategy tab
A strategy is defined by the relationships of the components that are used in the interaction that delivers the decision. The Strategy tab provides the facilities to design the logic delivered by the strategy (the strategy canvas) and to test the strategy (the Test runs panel).
- Configuring batch case runs
Use a batch case run to test the performance of your strategy and identify which components need optimization. Run your strategy on a data set or a subset of records to identify the most popular propositions, check whether customers are receiving offers, and make sure that your strategy is executed as intended.
- Performance statistics
When you select Performance as the mode of the batch case test run, you can select the following types of statistics to display as labels at the top of each strategy shape:
- About Strategy rules
Strategies define the decision that is delivered to an application. The decision is personalized and managed by the strategy to reflect the interest, risk, and eligibility of an individual customer in the context of the current business priorities and objectives. The result of a strategy is a page (clipboard or virtual list) that contains the results of the components that make up its output definition.
- Completing the Strategy rule form
Strategy rules - Completing the Create, Save As, or Specialization form