Defining the validity period for unversioned propositions
You can define or edit the validity period of unversioned propositions. The validity period defines the life span of a proposition, that is, the time period during which that proposition is active.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
Click the expand control (u) to view information about the proposition that you want to edit.
For the Active property, select the radio button that defines the proposition validity:
- Always - Makes the proposition permanently active.
- Never - Makes the proposition inactive (that is, disabled).
- Within a defined time period - Makes the proposition active within a particular time frame. Specify the Start Date and End Date properties. The type of these properties is DateTime.
Click Submit. The Active property of the proposition changes to True if the current date and time are within the defined validity period or when the proposition is marked as always active. Otherwise, the property value changes to False.
- Defining versioned propositions
The versioned propositions are listed in the Hierarchy tab of the Proposition Management landing page, under the Decision data records section. These propositions are part of the decision data rule instance managing propositions for a given group. They are also referred to as decision data records.
- Defining the validity period for versioned propositions
You can define or edit the validity period of versioned propositions. The validity period defines the life span of a proposition, that is, the time period during which that proposition is active.