When test users finish testing a revision and find that it is not working as expected, you can discard the revision from the production system.
In Dev Studio, click.
Click Discard next to a revision with the Test status.
The revision is removed. Discarding a revision results in the following system changes:
- The current application version is deleted.
- The access group of application operators is updated to point to the application version that immediately preceded the version number of the discarded revision. For example, if you discard application version 01.01.02, the operator's access group will point to version 01.01.01.
- All overlay applications, including the direct deployment overlay, point to the previous application version.
- The Rollout access group is removed and changes to the previous access group version. For example, PegaBank:AdministratorsRollout changes back to PegaBank:Administrators.
- Addressing changing business requirements
With revision management, business users can respond to changing requirements by modifying and deploying your application’s rules in a controlled manner.
- Importing revisions
A revision manager creates the revision package in the business sandbox, in the context of an application overlay. You can import that package to Pega Platform to propagate rule changes to the production environment or first test the changes with a selected group of application users.
- Activating revisions
Activate a revision in test to propagate the changes included in the revision to all operators. Activate only those revisions that have been approved by testers. You can have only one active revision in the system at a time.
- Rolling back revisions
You can roll back revisions that are already in production. You might do this when you find serious issues with the new application version that were not discovered during testing.