Components in this category add information and value to strategies.
Data Join components import data in an embedded page, named page or strategy component and map strategy properties to properties from the page or component. Data join components enrich data through the Join and the Properties mapping tabs. This type of components can be used to join lists of values; for example, a data join component that has one or more components as source and uses the results of another strategy component to define the join conditions.
In the Join tab of this component:
Use the Type drop-down to select the type of data: Pages or Component.
- In the Name field:
- When joining data with a page, select the page.
- When joining data with a strategy component, select the name of the component.
- The Class field displays the class context.
- Model results from joined components are included by default for monitoring of predictive models and learning of adaptive models. Select the Exclude model results from <strategy_shape_name> if you only need the model results from the source components.
- The criteria to match data are defined as one or more conditions in the Join when all conditions are met section. This is a value pair between properties in the data join component and, depending on what you selected in the Select Type field, properties in the page or strategy component. You can determine the amount of data to include in the Exclude source component results that do not match join condition check box, an option that, if enabled, results in performing an inner join operation.
Decision Data components import the data defined in decision data records.
- In the Decision data tab, select the decision data record. The when conditions allow you to match properties brought by the decision data record and properties defined by the decision data component. The condition can be provided by a property or an expression.
In the Properties mapping tab, configure the mapping settings. The Define mapping check box turns on/off implicit mapping by name. The Automatically mapped properties list contains the properties that are subject to this type of mapping. For decision data properties that do not have an implicit counterpart among the strategy results (that is, name matching does not apply), you can explicitly map them by using the Enable additional mapping option.
- Set Property components enrich data by adding information to other components, allowing you to define personalized data to be delivered when issuing a decision. Personalized data often depends on segmentation components and includes definitions used in the process of creating and controlling a personalized interaction, such as:
- Instructions for the channel system or product/service propositions to be offered including customized scripts, incentives, bonus, channel, revenue and cost information.
- Probabilities of subsequent behavior or other variable element.
- Strategy rule form - Completing the Strategy tab
A strategy is defined by the relationships of the components that are used in the interaction that delivers the decision. The Strategy tab provides the facilities to design the logic delivered by the strategy (the strategy canvas) and to test the strategy (the Test runs panel).
- About Strategy rules
Strategies define the decision that is delivered to an application. The decision is personalized and managed by the strategy to reflect the interest, risk, and eligibility of an individual customer in the context of the current business priorities and objectives. The result of a strategy is a page (clipboard or virtual list) that contains the results of the components that make up its output definition.
- Completing the Strategy rule form
Strategy rules - Completing the Create, Save As, or Specialization form
- Strategy rule form - Using the Strategy Properties tab
The Strategy Properties tab displays details of the strategy's applicability in the decision hierarchy and the properties available to the strategy:
- Declare Trigger form - Completing the Pages & Classes tab
Use this tab to list the clipboard pages referenced by name in the Triggers tab. See How to Complete a Pages & Classes tab for basic instructions.