Status of decision management nodes
For each decision management node on the Services landing page, the Status column displays the current state of a selected node. Use the following reference information to better understand the status of decision management nodes in your application.
- The node is in the process of being enabled, and the server is joining the decision management node cluster.
- The node is in a normal, functional state.
- The node is deactivated but is still recognized as a decision management node.
- The node is in the process of being decommissioned, and the server is leaving the decision management node cluster.
- The node is in the process of being moved to a new position in the decision management cluster ring.
- The file system in the node is corrupted. To make the node operational again, run a repair operation.
- A repair operation is running on the node.
- A compact operation is running on the node.
- A cleanup operation is running on the node.
- The status of the node is currently unknown.
Each node takes a payload that is relative to the number of available nodes. Cassandra balances the payload (data ownership) across the nodes and the total ownership adds up to 100%. For example, in a cluster consisting of three nodes, each node has ownership of approximately 33% of the data. However, balancing the payload might not be performed correctly if there are networking issues in the process of nodes joining the cluster. For this reason, Pega Platform allows one node to join at a time. The remaining nodes stay in pending joining until the previous node finishes joining.
- Managing decision management nodes
Manage the decision management nodes in your application by running certain actions for them, for example, repair or clean-up.
- Enabling decision management services
Decision management services comprise the technical foundation of decision management. Learn more about decision management services and how to enable them to fully benefit from next-best-action strategies and other decision management features in Pega Platform.
- Monitoring decision management services
View the current status of the decision management services to monitor performance and to troubleshoot problems.