Verifying the status of ports
In Pega Platform 7.2.1 and later,check if ports 7000 and 9042 listen to an IP address which is accessible from the other nodes.
Enter the following command: netstat -an | grep <port_number>
- If port 7000 is in the LISTEN state, Cassandra is available.
- If port 7000 is in the LISTEN and ESTABLISHED states, other nodes are connected to this machine's Cassandra instance.
- If port 9042 is in LISTEN mode, the DataStax driver clients can access the node for queries.
- Pega alerts for Cassandra
Determine the causes of performance issues in your application and learn how to resolve them by analyzing Cassandra-related alert messages.
- Troubleshooting Cassandra
Identify the root cause of degraded performance by completing corresponding monitoring activities. Learn about the most commonly encountered Cassandra issues and how to address them.