Make real-time decisions among thousands of potential choices by using decision management supported by machine learning.
Decision management features
With decision management, you can enhance your applications to help you predict customer behavior, analyze natural language, and make informed decisions to better meet your customers' needs and achieve positive business outcomes.
The following features represent the decision management capability:
- Decision strategy
- Create comprehensive decision strategies to improve customer experience in every channel and deploy intelligent processes based on real-time, actionable insight into operational and behavioral data.
- Data sets
- Configure the data sources for storing your customer and analytical data. Data sets define collections of records and the means to write and read the data used in your decision strategies.
- Data flows
- Ingest, process, and move data from one or more sources to one or more destinations by creating data flows, which are scalable and resilient data pipelines.
- Adaptive analytics
- Predict customer behavior by using self-learning models. Use adaptive models in your decision strategies to increase the relevance of decisions.
- Predictive analytics
- Address your customers' needs by predicting customer behavior and business events. For example, you can determine the likelihood of customer churn, or chances of successful case completion.
- Natural language processing
- Effortlessly analyze and extract meaningful information from large volumes of text with the use of text analytics. Based on your findings, you can further improve business performance and customer experience.
Decision management in applications
You can use decision management through various Pega products to address your specific needs:
- Pega Customer Decision Hub
- The most widely used decision management-based solution for one-to-one customer engagement that is designed to make next-best-action decisions for your customers.
- Pega Customer Service
- An application that uses the natural language processing capability of decision management for email routing.
- Pega Sales Automation
- An application that uses decision management to predict the likelihood of an opportunity closing.
Decision management and Pega Customer Decision Hub
Decision management is not a separate product. Instead, you can use this capability through one of the applications that apply decision management to a specific domain, such as Pega Customer Decision Hub, Pega Customer Service, and Pega Sales Automation.
For any one-to-one customer engagement project where you need to make next-best-action decisions for customers, use Pega Customer Decision Hub. Although you can build a deterministic decision-making logic into an application in Pega Platform with such functionality as decision tables, a standard Pega Platform license does not cover the use of the underlying Pega Customer Decision Hub features, such as Decision Strategy Manager, Event Strategy Manager, or Prediction Studio.
Pega Customer Decision Hub provides you with a best practice pattern that is based on how the industry leaders design their one-to-one customer engagement systems. If you start a one-to-one customer engagement project, see the Pega Customer Decision Hub documentation on the Pega Customer Decision Hub product page.
- Getting started with decision management
Manage your company's customer interactions to deliver the right message, the right offer, and the right service at every level of the customer experience. With Pega Platform and the Next-Best-Action, you can tailor your decision management strategy to suit each of your customers, to deliver consistent quality across all channels.
- Storing customer and analytical data
After enabling the key decision strategy management services, configure the data sources for storing your customer and analytical data.
- Processing data with data flows
Data flows are scalable and resilient data pipelines that you can use to ingest, process, and move data from one or more sources to one or more destinations.
- Reacting to real-time events
Configure your application to detect meaningful patterns in the real-time flow of events and to react to them in a timely manner. By detecting event patterns through Event Strategy rules, you can identify the most critical opportunities and risks to help you determine the Next Best Action for your customers.
- Improving customer experience by creating next-best-actions
When your offers, business rules, and data sources for your decision framework are ready, gather all that data in decision and response strategies.
- Predicting customer behavior
Harness the power of artificial intelligence and machine learning to drive your business results by managing adaptive, predictive, and text analytics models in Prediction Studio.
- Analyzing natural language
Effortlessly analyze and extract meaningful information from large volumes of text with the use of text analytics. Based on your findings, you can further improve business performance and customer experience.
- Simulating next-best-action changes
To interpret how the strategies that you configure control the decision funnel, simulate the decision process and assess how your changes influence strategy results.
- Managing business changes
Use revision management to make everyday changes to, for example, the description or expiry date of a product, or even small changes to the risk score calculation.