Sub strategy components reference other strategies. Sub strategy components define the way two strategies are related to each other, access the public components in the strategy they refer to and define how to run the strategy if the strategy is in another class. A sub strategy component defines which strategy to import and, if defined, the decision component. This is accomplished in the Source tab through configuring the strategy and, if applicable, the component. Additionally, you define how to run the imported strategy.
- Current page: the imported strategy runs on the Applies To class.
- Another page: the imported strategy runs on a defined page. If using this setting, provide:
- Page - Define the page. When this field points to a page group or list, the decision making process is iterated over as many times as defined in the page group or list. For example, if a strategy runs through a sub strategy component over a list containing two customers, and assuming the strategy outputs three offers, the sub strategy component results in a list containing six offers.
- Class - After you define the page, the Class field displays the corresponding class.
- Strategy - Select the strategy and, if applicable, the strategy component.
A sub strategy component can represent a reusable piece of logic provided that the strategy it refers to is enabled with the external input option, and that the sub strategy component itself is driven by other components.
ArticleAbout Strategy rules