Configuring the Adaptive Decision Manager service for on-premises environments
Enable the prediction of customer behavior by configuring the Adaptive Decision Manager (ADM) service. The ADM service creates adaptive models and updates them in real time based on incoming customer responses to your offers. With adaptive models, you can ensure that your next-best-action decisions are always relevant and based on the latest customer behavior.
- Enable the capturing of incoming customer responses by configuring the Decision Data
For more information see Configuring the Decision Data Store service.
- Start the ADM service by assigning the ADM node type to two
Pega Platform nodes.
For more information, see Assigning node types to nodes for on-premises environments.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
In the Adaptive decision manager nodes section, click Edit settings.
In the Edit adaptive decision manager settings dialog box, in the Snapshot section, specify what adaptive model data you want to save:
- To take snapshots of all adaptive scoring data and only the latest predictor data,
select Store all model data and only the latest predictor data.
Select this option if you want to analyze only the most recent status of model predictor data (for example, by using a report definition).
- To take snapshots of all adaptive scoring data and all predictor data, select
Store all model data and all predictor data.
Select this option to analyze the changes in model predictor data over time.If this option is enabled over a prolonged time period, the increased number of predictor snapshots might cause database space issues.
- To take snapshots of all adaptive scoring data and only the latest predictor data, select Store all model data and only the latest predictor data.
In the Snapshot schedule section, specify how often you want to take snapshots of adaptive model data:
- To take snapshots at a specified time interval, select Using agent
schedule. To edit the time interval, click Edit agent
schedule, and then specify the schedule for
For more information about configuring the agent schedule, see Completing the schedule tab.
- To take a snapshot every time that the model is updated, select At
every model update.
A model update includes every change that is made to the model, such as adding new training data or making a decision based on the model.
- To take snapshots at a specified time interval, select Using agent schedule. To edit the time interval, click Edit agent schedule, and then specify the schedule for ADMSnapshot.
In the Service configuration section, define the ADM service parameters:
Specify how often you want to check for model updates.The time interval that you specify indicates how often Pega Platform checks if a model requires an update.
In the Thread count field, enter the number of threads on all nodes that are running the ADM service.The default thread count is the number of available co-processes on that node, minus one.
In the Memory alert threshold field, enter the threshold for triggering the out-of-memory error.The default memory alert threshold is 2048 megabytes.
Confirm your settings by clicking Submit.
To change how much time elapses before Pega Platform automatically deletes a snapshot from your repository, change the value of the decision/monitoring/daysToKeepData dynamic system setting.By default, Pega Platform deletes snapshots with a time stamp older than 180 days.
ArticleAdaptive model details