Delivering Knowledge Management articles with Intelligent Virtual Assistant channels
You can use knowledge articles to reply to the frequently asked questions from Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) channels, such as Facebook Messenger or Web Chatbot. The articles provide information that helps users to resolve service cases on their own and can reduce the number of escalations to your contact center.
To add knowledge articles to the channels of a service case type, edit the initial flow of the service case.
You must edit each service case separately.
- Log in to Designer Studio.
- In the Explorer panel, click Case types, then click the case type that you want to open.
- On the Workflow tab, click , then identify a stage that supports an IVA channel.
- Hover over and click the first process on the stage.
- On the right side, click .
- Edit the flow to call a subprocess that displays a link to the relevant knowledge article when the case is initiated.
- Click the Add a flow shape icon, then click .
- Double-click the Subprocess shape and configure it.
- In the Flow name field, enter NotifyofKMifavailable.
- To name the new flow process, enter a name in the Subprocess field. For example, notify of KM.
- Click .
- Based on where the subprocess occurs in the flow, drag the Subprocess shape to an appropriate position on the canvas.
- Connect the Subprocess shape to the flow by dragging the end point of a connector from a shape in the canvas to a connection point on the Subprocess shape.
- Click .
For more information on how to link a knowledge article, see the Pega Customer Service Implementation Guide on the Pega Customer Service product page.
Published June 5, 2018 — Updated January 16, 2019