Creating a unit test suite from the Test Manager
Version 6.1: The Automated Unit Testing landing page replaces the Test Manager. Unit test suites are created from the Schedule gadget of the Automated Unit Testing landing page. Other than that difference, the steps in this article apply to Version 6.1.
The Schedule tab of the Test Manager lists each execution of a unit test suite scheduled to run and all unit test suites you have access to. On this tab, you can schedule individual unit test suites or create new ones.
To create a new unit test suite in the Test Manager:
- Click the Scheduletab to view the list of all unit test suites available in the system.
In V6.1, step one is different. To create a new unit test suite:
- Open the Schedule gadget by selecting > Application > Automated Unit Testing > Schedule.
The rest of the steps for creating a unit test suite are the same for V6.1.
- Click Create Suite... The New Unit Test Suite rule dialog displays.
- Enter the name of the unit test suite and select the RuleSet and version. Click Create.
- On the Contents tab, specify the RuleSets that hold the test cases you want to include in the unit test suite. The default RuleSet for this field is the RuleSet chosen when you created the unit test suite.
- Enter the user ID the agent uses when running this unit test suite. The user ID gives the agent access to the RuleSet that the unit test suite belongs to as well as the RuleSets listed in the RuleSets field. This field defaults to the Operator ID that created the unit test suite.
- Choose to not delete the work object created by the unit test suite by clearing the Remove Test Work Objects? box. This box is checked by default.
- Select the test cases you want to include in this unit test suite in one of the following ways:
If the order in which test cases run is significant, do not include entries in the Rule Types section.
- Specify test cases by application name and version.
- Specify test cases by rule type.
- Specify a When rule to further constrain the list of test cases. In this case, the test cases for the rules identified by the When rule are included in the unit test suite. This option is useful when the order in which the test cases run is not significant.
- Search for and then select individual test cases. Enter the name or partial name in the Test Case Name field and click Query. Select the rules you want from the subsequent list. If the order in which the test cases run matters, be sure to list them in the order in which they are to run.
If you configure selections in both the Rule Types section and the Query Test Cases section, note that the test cases defined in the Rule Types section run before the test cases listed in the Query Test Cases section.
- If you specified individual test cases, their RuleSets appear in the list next to their names. Verify that these RuleSets are included in the RuleSets for Test Cases list at the top of the form. If a RuleSet is not in the list, add it now. Otherwise, the test case rule will not run when the unit test suite runs.
- On the History tab, enter a description in the Full Description and Usage fields.
- Save the unit test suite rule.