Deployment Manager 4.1.1
Deployment Manager 4.1.1 includes the following enhancements.
The following enhancements are provided in this release:
- Redesigned, more intuitive landing page and user interfaceDeployment Manager has been redesigned to have a more intuitive interface so that you can quickly access features as you interact with your pipeline. The Deployment Manager landing page now displays a snapshot of your pipeline configuration, which provides status information such as whether a deployment failed and on what stage the failure occurred. Additionally, when you click a pipeline to open it, Deployment Manager now displays important information about your pipeline such as the number of branches that are queued for merging on the development system.
- Manage aged updatesYou can now manage rules and data types, which are in an application package, that are older than the instances that are on a system. By importing aged updates, skipping the import, or manually deploying application packages on a system, you have more flexibility in determining the application contents that you want to deploy.
- New testing tasks, which include running Pega scenario testsSeveral new test
tasks have been added so that you deliver higher quality software by ensuring
that your application meets the test criteria that you specify. On the candidate
systems in your pipeline, you can now perform the following actions:
- Run Pega scenario tests, which are end-to-end, UI-based tests that you create within Pega Platform.
- Start and stop test coverage at the application level to generate a report that identifies the executable rules in your application that are covered or not covered by tests.
- Refresh the Application Quality dashboard with the latest information so that you can see the health of your application and identify areas that need improvement before you deploy your application.
- Enhancements to publishing application changes to a pipeline in App Studio
You can submit application changes to a pipeline in App Studio to start a
deployment in Deployment Manager. The following enhancements have been made:
- When you submit application changes into a pipeline, patch versions of the main application are now created.
- You can now add comments, which will be published with your application.
- You can now associate user stories and bugs with an application.
- You can now view information such as who published the application and when for the application versions that you have submitted
- Run Pega unit tests on branches before mergingYou can now run Pega unit tests on branches before they are merged in the pipeline for either the pipeline application or an application that is associated with an access group. By validating your data against Pega unit tests, you can deploy higher quality applications.