Deployment Manager 4.8.1
Deployment Manager 4.8.1 includes the following enhancements and resolved issues:
The following enhancements are available in this release:
- Asses application security by using the enhanced Pega Security Checklist
taskWith the Pega Security Checklist, you can easily secure your
applications and systems in one convenient area of Pega Platform™. The Security
- Performs a detailed assessment of your current security configuration to determine whether the settings follow best practices for application development.
- Provides a status on each task in the Security Checklist page and blocks your application deployment if any task fails.
- Stores an audit trail of the security configuration analysis and status at the time of deployment.
- Deploy revision packages by using Deployment ManagerWith Deployment Manager 4.8, you can now use Deployment Manager pipelines for deploying application revisions. If you choose not to migrate your deployments to a DevOps pipeline, Revision Manager remains backward compatible.
- Configure authentication profiles in Deployment ManagerDeployment Manager service administrators can now create or edit authentication profiles in the Deployment Manager UI instead of accessing profiles in Dev Studio.
- Application-level rollback to a restore pointApplication-level rollbacks now provide a more granular approach to restore points, which you can use to revert rules and data instances in a specific application. This feature requires Pega Platform 8.4 and later.
- Trigger deployments by using existing deployment artifactsYou can now trigger deployments by using production-ready artifacts from a previous production deployment. Two new fields, Pipeline and Deployment, replace the existing fields, Select a repository and Select an artifact, to provide a more efficient deployment approach and eliminate repository interactions from Orchestrator. You cannot use development artifacts to trigger a deployment.
- Changes to pipeline dependencies configuration The Deployment Manager UI for updating application dependencies is now read-only for pipelines that are created in versions 4.7 and earlier. This functionality supports client migrations to the new deployment-centric method of dependency configuration.
- Add Jenkins tasks to any pipeline phaseYou can now add Jenkins tasks to the Continuous Integration (CI) phase of a deployment pipeline. For a list of available parameters for a Jenkins task in CI, see the Configuring Jenkins documentation.
- Block draft flows in systems with production level 5Deployment manager now blocks deployments in systems with a production level of 5 if the artifact contains draft flows. If the production level is lower than 5, a warning message is displayed in the Deployment History and Reports section, which indicates that draft flows might cause production failures.
Resolved issues in Deployment Manager 4.8.1
In this release, minor security issues are resolved.