Anypicker and Multi-select support in scenario testing
Scenario tests now support multiple new controls in text fields to include both Anypicker and Multi-select. Anypicker is used to enhance navigation in your scenario test by grouping drop-down list items into expandable categories, and Multi-select allows you to record more than one value for a single field on a form.
Launch App Studio or Dev Studio, based on where you want to perform the test.
Do one of the following to open the automation recorder:
- In App Studio, on the lower-left side of the screen, click the Test icon.
- In Dev Studio, on the lower-right side of the screen, toggle the run-time toolbar, and then click the Toggle Automation Recorder icon.
In the Scenario tests pane, click Create test case, and then select the test type:
- To record a test for a portal, select Portal.
- To record a test for a case, select Case type,
and then select the type of case for which you want to record the
test.When you select the case type, a new case of that type is created.
Record the steps for the test by clicking the UI elements.When you hover over a testable element, an orange highlight box appears. When you click an element, you record an implicit assertion and add the interaction to the list of test steps.
Click on an inspectable text field, denoted by an orange highlight.
- If the pyTextArea is being used for Anypicker, use the dropdown menu to select the required input.
- If the pyTextArea is being used for Multi-Select, add as many input values as necessary.
Continue recording as many steps as necessary. When you finish adding steps, in the Test case pane, click Stop and save test case.The test case appears on the Scenario testing landing page.