Deployment Manager 5.2.1
Deployment Manager 5.2.1 includes the following new feature and resolved issues.
The following new features are available in this release:
- You can now publish application changes that you make in App Studio to the pipeline. Publishing your changes creates a patch version of the application and starts a deployment. For example, you can change a life cycle, data model, or user interface elements in a screen and submit those changes to systems in the pipeline. For more information, see Publishing application changes in App Studio.
Dependencies and issues
Deployment Manager 5.2.1 is released with the following dependencies and known issues:
- Pega Platform version 8.5.2 has a known issue with Nexus 2 and Nexus 3 repositories, resulting in an error only when running diagnostics. This issue has no impact on the run-time execution of a pipeline with these repositories.
- If the default email account in the orchestrator is not configured, or if the email ID is not configured for the operator, an exception stack trace is printed in the logs. To avoid this issue, turn off the logging level for com.pega.platform.integrationengine.client.email.PegaEmailClient and com.pegarules.generated.pega_integrationengine_default.
- Deployment Manager will always consume the latest application version, unless otherwise specified.
- Applications being managed by a business change pipeline cannot automatically increment a minor version higher than v99. You must manually roll over your versioning should your application or ruleset versions encounter this scenario.
- If you are upgrading from Deployment Manager 5.1 to 5.2, business change pipelines must be recreated due to an internal property configuration.
The following bug fixes have been implemented in Deployment Manager 5.2.1:
- Diagnostics now properly identify the communication between candidate environment and orchestrator. This no longer impacts the execution of data migration pipelines.
- When an active deployment ends in a rollback failed state, a new deployment will queue as intended instead of moving to an in-progress state.
- The deployment success frequency metric has been fixed to show the accurate deployment record count.
- Complete artifact history has been restored when merging multiple branches and generating a new artifact.