How to define new properties in a Data-Party class
Published March 14, 2005 — Updated November 15, 2015
A developer asks:
(1) I want to use as much out of the box as I can and override and extend the the work party classes. However, I want to use State/Province for Province and not have the State property appear at all. How can I do this?
(2) In addition, I'm having a problem with a summary view report on work objects: I want to display the property .pyWorkParty(Candidate).pyFullName. I can get this property to display in a list view report, but I can't save a summary view rule with this property specified in the Drill-Down tab. Why is this?
(3) I want users to be able to add a party in the middle of a flow. How do I do that?
(1) Standard Data-Party classes do not let you consolidate the State and Province lists. You must create a custom party class, and put the required properties into that class.
(2) This problem with the drill-down from summary view report is a bug that has been previously reported.
(3) You can add a party in the middle of a flow by adding a local flow action to each assignment This lets users add a party anywhere in the flow they want.