How to display assignment instructions in a flow action
The text that you enter in the instructions field of an Assignment Properties window appears in the assignment link of harnesses, as well as in the instructions column in worklists and workbaskets.
The field provides instructions for the current assignment. The instruction text is saved to the Assign-.pyInstructions property in newAssignPage. You can include that property in flow actions that a user selects from a Perform form.
This article describes how to display the assignment instructions in a flow action.
Follow these steps:
- To view the instructions field, click on an assignment shape in your flow and locate the field in the Assignment Properties list.
- Open the flow action rule into which you want to insert the assignment instructions field. In the example, the field will appear when the user selects the Resolve flow action.
- In the Form tab, add a new layout.
- Drag an Input Box field type into a cell. In the example, the field is in a new layout with the header, Instructions.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to open the Cell Properties form.
- In the Field tab Name field, enter a reference to the property: newAssignPage.pyInstructions.
- Open the Conditions tab and enable Read Only.
- Click OK.
- In the Pages and Classes tab, enter the page name, newAssignPage, and the class, Assign-Worklist.
- Click the Save toolbar button..
- Run the application to confirm that the assignment instructions appear when you select the flow action from the work object form.
Published December 21, 2007 — Updated April 18, 2008