How do I convert a web adapter to use Global Web Pages when it is not interrogated globally?
To convert an existing web adapter to use Global Web Pages when it is not interrogated globally, follow these steps:
- Open the adapter and select Start Interrogation.
- Go to the first page you would like to replace.
- If it is matched in Object Explorer, change one of the match rules to cause the matching to fail.
- Click the RefreshMatching button (orange control on the Targets window) to unmatch the page.
- With the page selected in Object Explorer, select Replace Control from the Interrogation Form.
- Check the Use Global Web Pages option on the bottom of the Interrogation Form.
- Re-interrogate the web page.
You should see your web page and all of its children moved out of the non-global hierarchy in Object Explorer. Repeat this process for your other pages.