How to track changed values of work object properties using the Field Level Auditing gadget
The Field Level Auditing gadget allows you to configure individual scalar properties in work objects to track for changes. Changed values appear in the work object history. .
This gadget automates the steps described in How to extend the security auditing feature to record changes to additional properties by automatically creating the model and activity rules necessary to record changes in the work object history.
To configure change tracking using the Field Level Auditing gadget:
- Confirm that the the application containing the property to be tracked appears in the header bar of the Designer Studio. If not, select Switch Application > applicationfrom the application menu.
- Access the Field Level Auditing gadget by selecting > Process & Rules > Work History > Field Level Auditing.
- Select the work type which has the property to be tracked. All work types in the current application are shown.
Alternatively, select to view all properties currently being tracked.
- Click the Add a Row button and select a property using the SmartPrompt.
- Click Submit. The gadget creates (or updates) a model named pyTrackSecurityChanges in the Work Type and RuleSet Version you specified. The gadget also creates (or updates) a Declare Trigger rule that monitors the property for changes and adds records to the work object history.
- To test, create a new work object. Any changes made to the value of the identified property, along with the operator that made them, are reflected in the work object history.
88% found this useful