Updating customized Application Document templates with server-side document generation
When you generate system documentation by using the Document Application wizard, the process now runs on a server and not on your local client system. As a result, you might have to update custom Word Templates that you previously created with the most current Word file extension.
To update each custom Word Template rule, do the following steps:
- Open the Application Document wizard (Select a template menu.
Selecting a template in the Application Document wizard
) and locate the
- Select any template that you have customized and click the magnifying glass to open the Word Template rule for that instance.
- If necessary, save the Word Template rule into an open ruleset and check it out.
- From the Word Template rule form, download the Word file that is used as the template. If it has a .doc extension, open the file in Word, save it as a .docx file, and upload it to the Word Template rule. You can also click the
An example of a default Word Template rule that does not need to be updated is displayed in the following image:
Example of a Word Template rule that does not require updating
button, which is a shortcut that performs the download and upload as a part of its process.
- Save your custom Word Template rule (checking it in, if needed) and repeat these steps for each custom template that is used in the Application Document wizard.
- If you have other custom Word Template rules that are included within documentation (as described in Scenario 4 of DCO 6.1-Extending the Document Wizard), you also need to convert these from .doc to .docx format.