Implementing Workforce Intelligence
When implementing Pega Workforce Intelligence™, you use the Deployment Portal to set up, authenticate, and maintain the Robotic Automation Runtime associates whose data Workforce Intelligence analyzes and presents to you. For reporting purposes, you also set up your organization's user hierarchy in Workforce Intelligence by using a master hierarchy file, which you create and maintain.
The Workforce Intelligence support team will work with you to help you accomplish these tasks. Request product support through the Support Portal
- Add Robotic Automation Runtime users by using the Deployment Portal.
The Deployment Portal administrator adds the associates to the departments that are enabled for Workforce Intelligence. Depending on the authentication method that you choose, make sure you provide the employee ID, first name, and last name, along with the following information:
- Authentication by using Microsoft® Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) – Add the Email Address or UPN field to the user profile.
- Authentication by using the Security Token Service (STS) – Add the UPN field to the user profile. The format for the UPN field is: DomainUsername@UserDomain.
- Manual authentication – Add the Email Address field to the user profile.
- Install Pega Robotic Automation Runtime onto each associate's machine from which you want to collect data.
Your software deployment team installs Robotic Automation Runtime software onto your associate's machines.
- Add associates to the Workforce Intelligence hierarchy.
- Add the associates to the correct departments or teams in the master hierarchy file.
- Submit the updated master hierarchy file to the Workforce Intelligence support team by using the Pega Support Portal.
Published March 7, 2018 — Updated March 7, 2019