Improve Service REST processing performance by using lightweight clipboard mode (8.2)
Improve clipboard performance in Service REST processing by using the Lightweight clipboard mode option. Access this option in Dev Studio on the Services tab of the connector rule form.
Lightweight clipboard mode option
This mode does not support all clipboard features. The following clipboard features are supported:
- Hierarchical structure – Arbitrarily deep and complex tree structure formed by pages, lists, groups, and so on.
- JAVA objects – Pages can be wrapped around Java objects.
- Complex references – APIs on the page support arbitrarily complex property reference strings, including list subscript symbolics such as <APPEND>, <FIRST>, and so on.
- Messaging – Message metadata can be attached to properties and pages, for example, as a result of validation, Rule-Declare-Constraints, or various APIs and activity methods
- Dictionary – Information specified on the Property rule form is available during clipboard processing.
- Serialization/deserialization – Save page structure and contents for storage on disk or in a database; then later restore the page into memory.
The following clipboard features are not supported:
- Properties referencing a data page
- Linked properties
- Referenced properties
- Limited support for declare expressions/backward and forward chaining
- Change tracking for property value updates in the user interface
For more information about configuring Service REST rules, see Service REST form - Completing the Service tab.
Published October 12, 2018 — Updated March 22, 2019