Obtaining hotfix packages
Create a support request to obtain hotfix packages from Pegasystems Global Client Support for known issues, or to report a new issue.
The name of a hotfix package file has the format
zzzz is a series of digits representing the hotfix package number.
To request a hotfix package, do the following steps.
- On , click .
- Click New Request, and then select For something I need.
- On the Create tab, from the Service request list, select Existing hot fix.
- Provide information about the request, and then click Finish to submit it.
- On the Details tab,
- Installing hotfixes from the user interface
After you have obtained the hotfix and prepared to install it, you can install the hotfix package from the user interface to update your system with the new functionality.
- Installing hotfixes by submitting a request to an active instance
To automate hotfix installation, use the command-line tools. If you have an active instance of Pega Platform, you can install hotfixes by submitting a request to the active instance via a web service.
- Installing hotfixes by using a direct connection to the database
To automate hotfix installation, use the command-line tools by using a direct connection to the database. This is most commonly done for a stopped instance.