For Pega Platform 8.3 and earlier: Post-patch tasks
This section describes additional tasks to perform after the patch is complete.
- For 8.3 and earlier: Reconfiguring the application server
If you performed an out-of-place patch, you must reconfigure the application server to use the new rules schema. The process is different for each application server.
- For 8.3 and earlier: Restarting Pega Platform
Restart Pega Platform to load the updated code and rules from the patched rules schema.
- Optional: Removing the temporary tables created in the new rules schema
Remove these tables from the database to make the schema cleaner and contribute to better space utilization.
- For High Availability Pega Platform version 8.2 and 8.3 systems: Reverting the cluster settings
If you enabled rule migration functionality before the patch, you must revert the cluster settings after the cluster restart to notify the system that the patch is complete.
- For 8.3 and earlier: Reviewing log files
The patch creates a series of log files in the Pega-image \scripts\logs directory. Review the log files to ensure no outstanding issues were introduced during the patch process.
- For 8.3 and earlier: Testing your applications
Pega rigorously tests each patch release to ensure that it has no known compatibility issues between patch versions. Pega recommends that clients perform their own sanity or smoke testing after reviewing the list of "Resolved Issues" to re-validate appropriate features or functions in your Pega application that a patch can affect.