Pega software maintenance and extended support policy
Pega strongly encourages you to stay current on the latest minor release and patch of Pega Infinity because of important security and reliability improvements that are delivered with each new release.
For all Pega Infinity software suite releases 8.1.x and later and customer relationship management (CRM) applications, Pega follows an industry-standard patch process that includes only the latest security updates and product defect fixes. The Pega patch process reduces challenges caused by hotfixes, because hotfixes cause each environment to be different and therefore difficult to reliably maintain and support. Pega patches within a release stream are cumulative, which means that all fixes from earlier patches in the release stream are included in the current patch as well as issues reported by others. The latest Pega software patch is always the most stable release available in that release stream.
Since each patch release is cumulative, Pega recommends adopting patch releases on a frequent basis to limit the number of fixed bugs against which you must review and subsequently test. Fixes for minor versions (where patch delivery is active) will be packaged in the next patch release for that minor version.
These fixes will also be included in the next available patch (if there is one). When a new patch is made available for any minor release, the previous patch for that minor release is no longer available for distribution. For example: When 8.4.3 is released, 8.4.2 will no longer be available for download from Pega Digital Software Delivery.
Pega releases patch versions for minor releases of software up to 18 months after its initial release (GA). When the final patch for a minor version is released, that minor version enters “extended support.” We strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest minor version release prior to your minor release reaching extended support. Pega Infinity software suite releases (8.x and later) enter extended support on the following schedule:
Patch cadence and Pega Platform extended support
|Pega Platform version||Pega GA date||Final patch version and date|
|8.6||May 2021||8.6.7, Nov 2022|
|8.5||Sept 2020||8.5.7, Mar 2022|
|8.4||Feb 2020||8.4.6, Oct 2021|
|8.3||Aug 2019||8.3.6, May 2021|
|8.2||Feb 2019||8.2.8, Nov 2020|
|8.1||Oct 2018||8.1.9, Oct 2020|
Extended support means:
- You should immediately apply the latest patch to benefit from ongoing security and reliability improvements.
- You will continue to receive support from Pegasystems Global Client Support but may be required to upgrade to the latest minor release to resolve non-production issues that you might experience.
- Hotfixes may be provided for the following issues at the sole discretion of Pega:
- Critical issues that result in production outages
- Security-related vulnerabilities
- Backporting capabilities or support for newer versions of third-party solutions is not available.
- This version is no longer available for download from Pega Digital Software Delivery.
- Pega Infinity patch frequently asked questions
- Pega Cloud proactive patch program frequently asked questions
- Application patch releases
Beginning in Pega Infinity release 8.4, Pega delivers application fixes for Pega Customer Service, Pega Sales Automation, and Pega Call by way of patch releases. A patch release includes fixes for both customer-submitted and internally identified issues. In critical situations, Pega delivers fixes to targeted clients by way of a hotfix, and then the hotfix changes are included in the next patch release.