LOCK0001: Lock gone exception
The LOCK0001 event is generated when a user edits a case that is not locked for editing.
An application cannot update an object of class if the application did not lock the case or object prior to updating it or if an intermediate process has released the lock.
Reason for the event
Pega Platform™ generates a lock gone exception in the following situations:
- When you do not lock a case before you start editing it.
- If you edit a case after the lock has been automatically released. By default, the lock is released after 30 minutes.
- When you perform a batch operation and it does not correctly lock the case.
Example message text
Database operation commit failed in updatealertdisabledrelatedcase step 9 because lock was not held on a PEGAAES-WORK-ACTION
Recommended next steps
Perform the following actions:
- Engage an application developer to do the following steps:
- Evaluate the application logic to verify that the lock was correctly obtained.
- Check whether there is an explicit or implicit lock release, for example, from an additional call to a commit method.
- Contact Global Client Support (GCS) and ask for further analysis of the application.