Management of user notification preferences
You can configure applications to send notifications to users over various channels such as email, web gadget, or other custom channels. Users can control the types of notifications that they receive and the delivery channels.
Users can view and set their preferences in the Case Manager or Case Worker portal by clicking Customizable notification settings UI in Pega Platform.. You can customize this user interface to suit your requirements. For more information, see
By default, the preferences are grouped into the following categories:
- General – Notification definitions that are case independent, for example, notifications that are triggered when a user follows another user.
- Case type – Notification definitions that are case dependent, for example, notifications that are triggered when a case is commented on.
Users can set preferences for each notification definition, including how often they receive email notifications. The email frequency can be set to:
- Instant – Email notifications are delivered instantly when they are triggered.
- Daily – Email notifications generated over a period of a day are consolidated and sent as a daily digest.
- Weekly – Email notifications generated over a period of a week are consolidated and sent as a weekly digest.
You also can set preferences for your users by using APIs. For more information, see Notification preferences APIs.