Exporting an unsigned iOS app
After you build a Pega Platform application, you can export a
mobile app in a form of an unsigned
xarchive.zip file. This way, you can
sign your mobile app locally in a development environment of your choice. When you sign your
mobile app locally, you do not upload a signing certificate to Pega Platform,
and therefore do not violate your company's security policies.
On the Build your application panel, select the iOS switch.
Set up a certificate set for the app:
- If an unsigned certificate set does not exist, create an unsigned certificate set. For more information, see Creating an unsigned iOS certificate set.
- If an unsigned certificate set already exists, select an existing unsigned certificate set. You might have to click Modify build to display the list.
Specify mobile app versioning by expanding the App version section:
- In the Version field, enter the release version for your app.
- Select the Set build version check box, and in the field that appears, enter the build version for your app.
To build a specific version of the app, select the version of the client that you want to use.For more information, see Selecting a specific client version.
Click Build now.
xarchive.zipfile and sign it locally in a development environment of your choice.
- Generating installation packages
Convert your application into an app that users can install on their mobile devices. You can generate both Android and iOS apps, which helps you meet the needs of a wide array of mobile users.
- iOS certificate set
A certificate set defines certain parameters of the mobile app for iOS that you are creating.