iOS certificate set
A certificate set defines certain parameters of the mobile app for iOS that you are creating.
If you do not want to upload a complete certificate set that includes the provisioning file and the signing certificate, you can create an unsigned certificate set, which can be used to export an unsigned mobile app.
Unless you are creating an unsigned certificate set, for each certificate set, provide the following information:
Mobile Provisioning file
- A provisioning profile is a set of digital
certificates that associates a developer, an app ID and device ID or IDs, and is deployed to
a device so that the app can be installed and run for testing and distribution. The
provisioning profile is usually distributed as a file with the
*.mobileprovisionextension. From the Apple Developer Portal, you can create the following types of provisioning profiles:
- iOS App Development - Used to install and debug apps on designated test devices.
- Ad Hoc Distribution - Allows your app to be installed on a limited number of devices.
- In-house (universal) Distribution - Allows you to distribute apps within your company. There is no limit on number of devices that an app can be installed on.
- App Store Distribution - Creates a distribution profile for your app to be published to the Apple App Store.
- App ID (Bundle ID) - App ID (Bundle ID) is a string that identifies one or more iOS apps from a single development team. The string consists of a bundle ID search string so that you can match either the bundle ID of a single app or a set of bundle IDs for a group of your apps. This value is case-sensitive and must start with an uppercase or a lowercase letter or a digit. You may use the hyphen character (-). At least one period (.) must be used to separate different parts. The following App ID (Bundle ID) example shows the format: com.example.my.ios-app.
- Signing certificate - Code signing your iOS app assures users that it is from a known source and that the app has not been modified since it was last signed. Before your app can integrate app services, be installed on a device, or be submitted to the Apple App Store, it must be signed with a certificate issued by Apple. The certificate is in a P12 file that contains a single private key and a single certificate generated for signing.
- Push Notification certificate - This certificate is used by a Pega Platform server to communicate with Apple Push Notification service (APNs). The certificate is in a P12 file that contains a single private key and a single certificate generated for push notifications.
Widget Provisioning file
- A widget provisioning profile for the iOS
platform is a collection of digital entities that enables the use of a Today widget with
your mobile app for iOS. The provisioning profile is usually distributed as a file
*.mobileprovisionextension. It must belong to the same App Group as the mobile provisioning profile.
- Opening an existing iOS certificate set
You open an existing certificate set from the Mobile: Certificates configuration form. You open an existing certificate set from the Mobile certificates configuration form.
- Creating an iOS certificate set
To build a mobile app for the iOS platform, you must create a certificate set in the Pega Platform App Studio .
- Creating an unsigned iOS certificate set
To export a mobile app for the iOS platform in a form of an unsigned xarchive.zip file, you must create an unsigned certificate set in Pega Platform App Studio .
- Uploading a provisioning profile
You upload a provisioning profile from your disk to a new or to an existing certificate set. A provisioning profile for the iOS platform is a collection of digital entities that uniquely ties developers and devices to an authorized iPhone Development Team and enables a device to be used for testing.
- Uploading a signing certificate
You upload a signing certificate .p12 file from your local directory to a new or to an existing iOS certificate set. A signing certificate is used for digitally signing entries, such as installer packages, email messages, and similar items.
- Uploading a push notifications certificate
By uploading a push notifications certificate to an iOS certificate set in Pega Platform App Studio , you can use the certificate set for a mobile app that you are configuring, so that push notifications are enabled in the mobile app.
- Uploading a widget provisioning profile
You upload a widget provisioning profile from your computer to a new or to an existing certificate set. A widget provisioning profile for the iOS platform is a collection of digital entities that enables the use of a Today widget with your mobile app for iOS.
- Selecting an iOS certificate set
When you build your mobile app in the Pega Platform App Studio , you must create a certificate set, or, if one is already defined, select an existing certificate set for your iOS mobile app.
- Expiration of iOS certificates
All iOS certificate and provisioning files that are part of the certificate set have an expiration date. They are valid only for a specified time. You can check the expiration dates for all the certificates that are defined in the Pega Platform directly from the . The Expires In column shows the next expiration date for each certificate set shown in the list.