Offline case packaging optimization during synchronization
When you design an application that users can access with an offline-enabled mobile app on a mobile device, you can improve the performance of an offline-enabled mobile app when the application contains a large number of case types. You do this by optimizing offline case packaging during synchronization.
- A case is packaged during a delta synchronization only when a new work item for the case is added to the user's worklist and the case was not already packaged during a previous synchronization.
- A case is packaged during a full synchronization only when the work item for the case exists in the user's current worklist.
Enabling optimization of offline packaging means that only the flow and its dependencies are packaged, for example, the flow action, sections, data transforms, and data pages. Packaging optimization has the following limitations:
- Only the packaged flow advances in offline mode. After the current flow, if the next flow is not packaged, the Confirmation page is displayed in the app.
- Question shapes are not supported.
- When you enable offline packaging optimization for a case, case creation is not possible.
- Propagating application model changes to offline-enabled mobile apps
Ensure that changes to the model of your application are reflected in your offline-enabled mobile app by clearing the cache of the app and forcing full synchronization.