Troubleshooting an iOS mobile app
When troubleshooting a mobile app created for the iOS platform:
- Ensure you set the application log level to debug.
- You can view application logs and local storage from the system info pages available in the side menu for the app.
- You can also view application logs directly from Xcode by opening the Devices window and selecting the connected device where the mobile app was installed.
- Build your iOS mobile app by using an Apple developer certificate. Remember that:
- With the Apple developer certificate, you can install your mobile app only on devices that are registered with the Apple Developer Program.
- You can obtain your Apple developer private key by exporting it directly from your Xcode account, or alternatively, from the Keychain Access application on your Mac computer.
- In the Safari options on your Mac computer, enable showing the develop menu in a menu option.
- Developing mobile apps
Use Pega Platform to efficiently create and deploy a mobile app that supplements your desktop and web applications, and suits different business requirements.
- Generating installation packages
Convert your application into an app that users can install on their mobile devices. You can generate both Android and iOS apps, which helps you meet the needs of a wide array of mobile users.