Understanding data transform support in offline mode
Data transforms in offline-enabled applications are packaged, by default, when they are configured on:
- Flow connectors
- Flow actions as preprocessing or postprocessing data transforms
- Refresh actions on controls in a section
- Data transform actions (in either the primary page context or another page context) on controls in a section
The structure of the packaged data transform rules resembles the original XML model of the data transform rule and contains only the relevant parts for offline use. If a data transform rule packaged for offline use contains an unsupported action, library, function, or feature, it will not be processed in the offline-enabled application. The system logs an error message that indicates that the data transform was not processed.
The following actions are supported for data transforms in offline-enabled applications:
- Update page
- Append to
- Append and map to
- Otherwise when
- Apply data transform
- Exit data transform
- For each page in
- Exit for each
The following table lists invalid configurations for supported actions:
|A source field contains (@) outside of the quotation marks (" ").||Library functions are not supported in offline mode. Configure the source field to contain expressions such as '+' or spaces, as an alternative solution.|
|A condition contains @.||Library functions are not supported in offline mode. Use client-side expressions, as an alternative solution.|
|A condition does not contain a dot (.).||Server-side When conditions are not supported. Use client-side expressions, as an alternative solution.|
- Create a Page, Page List or a Page group before you use them in a data transform.
- Define any pages that will be created by a data transform on the Pages & Classes tab of the data transform. See .
- Do not apply the Sort action to a list which contains an empty or null string.