Configuring time-outs for synchronization indicators
Keep users informed about mobile app synchronization in an efficient way by controlling synchronization indicators. For example, you can determine how long the app displays the Successfully synced message.
Pega Platform provides four types of native indicators:
- The app does not have network access. The Offline indicator disappears only after the app regains network connectivity and starts receiving responses from the server.
- The app is synchronizing data after reestablishing network connectivity or after a period of low-speed connectivity. You can configure the amount of time that elapses before the app displays the indicator.
- Sync failed. Retry?
- Data synchronization failed due to an error unrelated to the network. Users can try to synchronize again by tapping the indicator.
- Successfully synced
- All data and status changes are synchronized with the server. The indicator appears only after the app displays the Syncing indicator. You can configure for how long you want to display the indicator.
- Create a Pega Platform application and configure a mobile channel for the application. For more information, see Designing applications for offline mode and Setting up mobile apps.
- Ensure that you have a case type that you can use in the offline-enabled app, and that the case type only uses features that are supported in offline mode. For more information about offline-supported features, see Understanding offline features. For more information about creating a case type, see Case types.
In the navigation pane of Dev Studio, click Records.
Expand the SysAdmin category, and then click Dynamic System Settings.
Configure one or both of the synchronization indicators:
Choices Actions Configure the amount of time that elapses before the Syncing indicator appears
In the Setting Purpose column, click offline/ui/deferOngoingSyncNotificationBy.
In the Edit Dynamic System settings window, in the Value field, enter the amount of time in milliseconds.The default value is 4000.If you enter 5000 in the Value field, five seconds elapse before the app displays the Syncing indicator.If you do not want to display the Syncing indicator, enter 100000000 in the Value field.
Configure the amount of time that elapses before the Successfully synced indicator disappears
In the Setting Purpose column, click offline/ui/hideSuccessfulSyncNotificationAfter
In the Edit Dynamic System settings window, in the Value field, enter the amount of time in milliseconds.The default value is 5000.If you enter 6000 in the Value field, the app displays the Successfully synced indicator for six seconds.If you do not want to display the Successfully synced indicator, enter 0 in the Value field.