Excluding data pages from delta synchronization in offline-enabled mobile apps
Optimize data exchange and save time when your offline-enabled mobile app synchronizes with the server, by excluding data pages from the delta synchronization process. For example, you can exclude a large data page with a list of countries that does not change often and therefore does not have to be packaged during delta synchronization.
- Analyze your application logic and identify the data pages that do not require frequent delta synchronizations. For more information, see Data synchronization in offline mode.
- Create a configuration template that you can use to exclude the data pages. For more information, see Creating offline configuration templates.
When users work in your offline-enabled app, the app performs delta synchronization quite often. Depending on the complexity of your application, the process might be performance-intensive. You can optimize this process by adding data pages to the delta synchronization deny list in your offline configuration template.
In the header of Dev Studio, click.
On the Offline configuration tab, in the Configuration template section, click the template that you want to use with your offline-enabled app.
On the Delta-sync deny list tab, populate the autocomplete field with the data pages that you want to exclude from delta synchronization, and then click Add.
On the offline configuration template form, click Save.
- Enabling support for components in offline mode
Make all elements of your offline-enabled mobile app work as designed, by populating the list of offline-supported components.
- Excluding data pages from packaging in offline-enabled mobile apps
Improve the performance of your offline-enabled mobile app by excluding data pages from the app installation package. For example, exclude a resource-heavy data page from packaging when you plan to replace the data page with a large data page that is optimized for offline mode.
- Making custom resources available in offline mode
Ensure that your mobile app displays custom resources and continues the process flow in offline mode by including the resources in the app installation package. For example, you can add offline support for a custom font that matches your company's branding guidelines.