Adding items to the menu bar
Create effective navigation experience in your mobile app by adding pages and actions to the menu bar. For example, you can add a custom profile page to the menu bar of your Expenses app so that users can conveniently access the screen with their basic contact information.
Open your mobile channel:
In the navigation pane of App Studio, click Channels.
In the Current channel interfaces section, click the tile that represents a mobile channel for your app.
On the mobile channel page, on the Content tab, click the Navigation category.
In the Navigation section, manage the items that appear on the menu bar of your mobile app:The menu bar in your mobile app displays icons and labels for up to five items. When you add a sixth item, the fifth icon and label change to the More button that groups all subsequent items.
To give your users an overview of their work items, you can enhance the menu bar with the Expense reports mobile list page that lists the submitted expense reports and their statuses. Additionally, you can improve the way users log out of the mobile app by adding the Log out action to the menu bar.
- To add a mobile list page, click , and then select the list page that you want to display on the menu bar.
- To add a user interface page, click , and then select the page that you want to display on the menu bar.
- To add an action, click , and then select the action that you want to display on the menu bar.
- To remove an item, click the Remove icon on the rightmost side of the row.
- To reorder items on the menu bar, drag the items up or down the list.
- Authoring mobile list pages
Improve the responsiveness and load time of the user interface in your mobile app by displaying the content of your app as a mobile list page. This way you enhance your app with a native screen that has fluent transitions and a search bar in the header by default.
- Authoring mobile case pages for Cosmos React applications
Customize case pages in the low-code authoring environment to highlight the most relevant information in one, user-friendly mobile view. This way, you ensure that users can efficiently view and edit cases on their mobile devices.
- Adding a search gadget
Improve the usability of your mobile app by configuring and enabling the search functionality. You can guarantee more meaningful search results and increase search speed by limiting the scope of searches to specific case types.
- Adding a floating action button
Promote the most important action on a page by adding a floating action button to your mobile app. For example, you can add a floating action button that starts a case flow for creating a new expense report in your Expenses mobile app.