Configuring systems for monitoring with Pega Autonomic Event Services 7.3
After you install Pega® Autonomic Event Services 7.3, configure the Pega Platform systems that you want the application to monitor. In addition to configuring the systems to push messages, you can set email scorecard subscriptions and enable Pega Autonomic Event Services to pull information from the monitored systems.
For each Pega Platform system, complete the following tasks:
- Ensuring that each system has a unique name
- Enabling Pega Autonomic Event Services integration on monitored systems
- Configuring email scorecard subscriptions
- Optional: Enabling Pega Autonomic Event Services to send requests to monitored nodes
Pega Autonomic Event Services refers to monitored systems by their names, which are configured on Pega Platform. For example, to view the scorecard for a specific system, select a system name from the monitored nodes list.
- Click Designer Studio > System > Settings > System Name.
- Enter the new name in the New Name field, and click .
- Restart all nodes in the system to apply the new name.
So that Pega Autonomic Event Services can receive alerts and exceptions from a system, update the system's configuration with the correct URL.
- Click Designer Studio > System > Settings > Predictive Diagnostic Cloud.
- In the ENDPOINT SOAP URL field, enter the endpoint SOAP URL that corresponds to the Pega Autonomic Event Services server's SOAP URL. Use the following format:
<kbd>http://[server name]:[port number]/prweb/PRSOAPServlet</kbd>
- Click .
As a Pega Autonomic Event Services operator, you can review the weekly scorecard on the system’s main screen or request a weekly scorecard to be sent by email so that you and the recipients stay informed about a system's health. You can subscribe to a scorecard and select a system for which you want a report to be sent. For more information about the scorecard, see Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud scorecard overview.
Managing scorecard subscriptions
You can filter the list of existing scorecard subscriptions by system and by type of scorecard. For more information, see Scorecard options in Pega Predictive Diagnostic Cloud scorecard overview.
- Click .
- From the System list, select the system for which you want to view subscriptions.
- From the Scorecard list, select the type of scorecard for which you want to view subscriptions.
For example, if you want to see who is subscribed to receive daily updates of new action items for a system named MyCo-Prod, select this system from the System list, and select New Items Daily Scorecard from the Scorecard list.
- To remove a subscription row, click the Remove icon in the rightmost column.
Adding scorecard subscriptions
You can configure any email address to receive selected scorecards for any monitored system. The list of scorecard recipients is independent of the operator records, and is stored under the PegaAES-Data-EmailRecipient class.
- Click .
- Click New Subscription.
- From the System list, select the name of the system for which you want to add scorecard subscriptions.
- From the Scorecard list, select the type of scorecard for which you want to add subscriptions.
- If you selected the Weekly Scorecard or the New Items Daily Scorecard, select which days of the week you want the scorecards to be sent.
- Enter the email address, first name, and last name of the scorecard's recipient.
- To add more recipients, click the Add Item icon, and repeat step 6.
- To remove a recipient, select the recipient's row, and then click the Delete icon.
- Click .
Pega Autonomic Event Services can send pull requests for additional information to monitored systems. Pull requests provide agent management, quiesce management, requestor management, listener management, rule information, run time information, and JVM information. If you enable this feature for monitored Pega Platform systems earlier than 7.2, Pega Autonomic Event Services correctly retrieves and displays the production level value of the monitored system. To enable this feature, perform the following steps:
- Configuring URL endpoints of monitored nodes
- Enabling information collection
Configuring URL endpoints of monitored nodes
Ensure that the correct URL is set for each monitored node so that the application can communicate with the nodes.
- Log in to Pega Autonomic Event Services as aesdeveloper by using the password that you used when you installed the application.
- From the Application Explorer, search for the PegaAES-Data-Nodes class.
- Right-click the PegaAES-Data-Nodes class, and select View > Instances.
- On the list of monitored nodes, click a node that you want to edit.
- In the New Connection String field, enter the node's URL. Request the correct URL from the application server administrator.
- Click .
- For each monitored node, repeat steps 4 through 6.
Enabling information collection
By default, Pega Autonomic Event Services does not send pull requests for information. To change this behavior, modify the appropriate system settings.
- In the Pega Autonomic Event Services Manager Portal, go to the panel.
- In the Management section, click System Settings.
- Select the system for which you want to change the settings from the Current System is list.
- Clear all the check boxes.
- Click Save.