Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service provides Pega Cloud Services clients with simple, secure file transfers to and from their Pega Cloud applications. The service supports file exchanges between your enterprise and your Pega applications powered by Pega Cloud Services, and uses the Pega Cloud File Storage repository for reliable and resilient storage.
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service provides the following features:
- A secure service for file uploads and downloads to or from your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud Services environments using the default port 22 for SFTP traffic over the Internet, VPNs, or AWS Direct Connect.
- Static IP addresses that do not change for the life of the service, eliminating the need for you to whitelist a broad range of IP addresses for the service.
- A separate SFTP server with a unique URL, user credential, and folder per environment.
- The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service is mapped directly to the Pega Cloud Services File Storage repository, which provides reliable and scalable file storage capacity. For more information, see Pega Cloud Services File Storage.
To connect to the Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service:
Use an SFTP client or an SSH shell of your choice. Configure your SFTP client or SSH shell using your subscription's unique URL and user credential to interact with the Pega Cloud Services SFTP service. Either secure connection is configured with a customer-specific private/public key pair.
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service supports bulk data processing in your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud by configuring file listeners or integrating with Pega Business Intelligence Exchange™ data extracts. This data is securely stored in the repository until you remove it.
Securely transfer data between your enterprise and your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud Services
The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service security model supports only single-user access authentication, using a private/public key pair. During customer onboarding, Pega uses a customer-supplied public key to configure authentication to the service. Data is encrypted in transit by SSH and data at rest is encrypted using an environment specific key. User/password authentication is not supported.
Data management considerations
Keep in mind the following file storage and data management guidelines:
- File storage utilization: The Pega Cloud Services SFTP Service uses available Pega Cloud Services File Storage storage space according to the allocation that is specified in your Pega Cloud Services subscription.
- Data management: To manage your files in the Pega Cloud File Storage repository, use the Repository API to interact with your files or configure a file listener to process your files. For details, see Pega Cloud Services File Storage.
- Data cleanup: You are responsible for managing your data files according to your enterprise best business practices by using the SFTP client of your choice.
Published August 29, 2018 — Updated March 14, 2019