Disaster Recovery for Pega Cloud Services
This article is part of the Pega Cloud Services Subscription Documentation.
Pegasystems is committed to the preventive safeguarding of the Pega Cloud Services network and the high availability of Pega Cloud Services client instances. This commitment includes the prevention of Severity 1 incidents that could have significant business impact for multiple Pega Cloud Services clients.
Pega Cloud Services Operations has a disaster recovery plan that is used by incident responders in the event of a multiple-client S1 incident (as defined in the plan), and which prepares the team to rapidly respond and efficiently recover service to affected Pega Cloud Services clients. The plan covers the following areas:
- Physical disasters. Pega Cloud Services client environments are hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Production environments, and the business applications and data deployed in them, are protected by multi-zone automatic failover and fully replicated database and application instances. Physical disaster impacts on Pega Cloud Services client environments are extremely unlikely.
- Service Reliability Center replication. Pega Cloud Service Reliability Centers (SRCs) are also replicated and staffed in multiple locations, using a follow-the-sun model. During a declared Disaster situation in one location, Operations and Information Security engineers from other Pega SRC sites will provide uninterrupted monitoring, system administration, and security awareness to Pega Cloud Services environments.
- Database replication. For client production environments, in addition to the primary database, a secondary database can be used for disaster recovery. The secondary database is a hot standby of the primary one and provides near-real-time failover capability for critical systems on the Pega Cloud Services platform. Following recovery of service, Pega Cloud Services Operations can perform restoration from backup, if needed.
- Plan information. Pega Cloud Services has disaster recovery plans that include roles, responsibilities, activation, response, recovery, reconstitution, and validation of Pega Cloud Services environments. Pega Cloud Services Information Security and Pega Cloud Services Operations regularly test these plans.
- Prepared response. Pega Cloud Services offers 24x7x365 situational awareness monitoring, and is prepared to activate disaster recovery plans with disaster recovery team response within moments of any disastrous incident. Response bridge calls would include disaster recovery responders and clients, as appropriate.
- Announcements portal for major events. In the event of a major incident that affects service to client environments, Pega Cloud Services Operations notifies affected clients by using the My Support Portal. Clients receive updates on restoration progress, and when normal service is restored.