Pega Cloud Services subscription documentation
Pega Cloud Services provides a fully-managed Cloud Service platform running Pega Infinity and Pega’s Strategic Applications in an as-a-service model. Pega Cloud Services is managed by Pega, with global and regional support models for 24 x 7 operations, security, and monitoring to help support our clients’ enterprise applications. Clients forgo the complexities of operating and managing a Pega ecosystem in favor of letting Pega manage their Pega application(s) for them. Pega Cloud Services allows Pega clients to work to get started quickly (within days of contract signature) and work to realize the value of Pega solutions more rapidly.
The Subscription Documentation for Pega Cloud Services includes the following:
- Deployment Regions describes the deployment regions available to our clients (one of which they select and is identified in client contract) and within which we geofence the client’s deployment during the term of their subscription
- Service Operations and Support describes the maintenance, monitoring, support, and security locations and services we offer
- Pega Global Client Support describes the client support services we offer
- Self Service describes self-service support capabilities available to Pega Cloud Services clients
- Service Connectivity describes the public and private connectivity options that are available to connect to Pega Cloud
- Integrations describes the integration services capabilities clients have to integrate Pega with other third-party or homegrown systems
- The Pega Cloud Service Level Agreement describes the Scheduled Availability for our Production Environments.
- Incident Management describes how Pega works to provide response and resolution for incidents that affect the Pega Cloud Services network and client environments.
- Change Management details how changes to Pega Cloud Services environments are planned, reviewed, tested, implemented, and validated to work to help protect all environments.
- Disaster Recovery describes the Pega Cloud Services Disaster Recovery plan.
- Data Backup and Restore describes how Pega Cloud Production Services provides various levels of backup and redundancy for client data, to work to help provide recovery of environments in the event of service disruption or failure.
- The Pega Cloud Security Responsibilities article outlines the various security controls (technical and organizational, physical and environmental, network and infrastructure, and others) which are provided by Pega for clients’ Pega Cloud Services environments.
- Client Security Responsibilities for Pega Cloud Services describes what security responsibilities are assumed by the client for a Pega Cloud Services environment. This document includes both privacy & security controls, and data rights and responsibilities.
- Layered Distributed Denial of Service protection in Pega Cloud Services explains how Pega Cloud Services provides effective counterstrategies to protect against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
- Planning for end of Pega Cloud Services subscription term describes the clients' options as the end of the term of their subscription approaches.
The Subscription Documentation also includes:
- The Vulnerability Testing Policy for Pega Cloud Services, which describes how Pega Cloud Services clients can conduct application security assessments, when such assessments are preauthorized and performed within the stated guidelines.
- The Pega Cloud Services Acceptable Use Policy, which describes the permitted and prohibited activities for clients in their Pega Cloud Services environments.
For additional Pega Cloud Services information which is not part of the Pega Cloud Services Subscription documentation, including Getting Started and How-Tos, see Pega Cloud Services.