Pega Cloud SFTP Service
The Pega Cloud SFTP Service provides Pega Cloud customers with simple, secure file transfers to and from their Pega Cloud applications. The service supports file exchanges between your enterprise and your Pega applications powered by Pega Cloud Services, and uses the Pega Cloud File Storage repository for reliable and resilient storage.
To connect to the Pega Cloud SFTP Service, use an SFTP client or an SSH shell of your choice. The secure connection is configured with a customer-specific private/public key pair.
The Pega Cloud SFTP Service provides the following features:
- A secure service for file uploads and downloads to or from your Pega Cloud applications using the default port 22 for SFTP traffic over the Internet, VPNs, or AWS Direct Connect.
- A separate SFTP server with a unique URL, user credential, and folder per environment.
- The SFTP Service is mapped directly to the Pega Cloud File Storage repository, which provides reliable and scalable file storage capacity. For more information, see Pega Cloud File Storage.
The Pega Cloud SFTP Service supports bulk data processing in your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud by configuring file listeners or integrating with Pega Business Intelligence Exchange™ data extracts. This data is securely stored in the repository until you remove it.
Securely transfer data between your enterprise and your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud
The Pega Cloud SFTP Service security model supports only single-user access authentication, using a private/public key pair. During customer onboarding, Pega uses a customer-supplied public key to configure authentication to the Pega Cloud SFTP Service. Data is encrypted in transit by SSH and data at rest is encrypted using an environment specific key. User/password authentication is not supported.
Data management considerations
Keep in mind the following file storage and data management guidelines:
- File storage utilization: The Pega Cloud SFTP Service uses available Pega Cloud File Storage storage space according to the allocation that is specified in your Pega Cloud Services subscription. Pega Cloud File Storage is provided with each Pega Cloud Services subscription. For details, see Pega Cloud File Storage.
- Data cleanup: You are responsible for removing data files according to your enterprise best business practices by using the SFTP client of your choice.
Published August 29, 2018 — Updated October 24, 2018