Business Intelligence Exchange for Pega Cloud applications
Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) provides extract and transform capabilities for Pega Cloud Services clients.
You use BIX to extract application data from your Pega Cloud environments into industry-standard formats that are suitable for import in other popular business intelligence applications. These high-performance, multi-threaded extraction operations can operate independently of Pega Platform and include the option to schedule extracts automatically.
Pega offers BIX as an optional add-on product. Contact your Pega Account Executive to ensure that your license includes BIX access.
In Pega Cloud applications with BIX enabled, you can configure the following items to configure an extraction process:
- A BIX extract rule for each rule that you want to use, which specifies:
- Properties to extract.
- Output file formats such as XML and CSV (delivered as a single compressed file) or a database schema.
- Class instances to extract each time the extract rule runs (by specifying filter criteria or by choosing the incremental extraction option to select all instances created or modified since the last run of the Extract rule).
- The application connection that places extract files to your chosen directory using BIX FTP listener or the Pega SFTP service.
- A Pega Job Scheduler rule to run each Extract rule periodically.
For more information, see Overview of BIX extractions in Pega Cloud environments.