Configuring an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect virtual interface with your Pega Cloud Services virtual space
Pega Cloud Services supports the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect service between your Pega Cloud Services virtual space and your physical infrastructure within a geographical region without need for a virtual private network (VPN). Use this service to connect to the following endpoints:
- A data center provider that is located with AWS within the same geographical region.
- A multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) VPN or other type of wide area network (WAN).
Direct Connection options
You can access your Pega Cloud Services dev-test, staging, and production subnets in your virtual space through AWS Direct Connect. AWS connects these environments through a virtual interface to the AWS Direct Connect platform, which is then physically connected through the AWS network to the customer network through a virtual gateway (VGW).
Your Pega Cloud Services virtual space supports Direct Connect Private Virtual Interface (VIF) connectivity.
If you are not already an AWS customer, set up an AWS account for your enterprise. Your account includes an AWS console through which you can order services.
After setting up an AWS account, create an AWS Direct Connect virtual interface.
For more information, see the Amazon Web Services article
AWS Direct Connect
Setting up AWS Direct Connect
Complete the following process to set up AWS Direct Connect for your Pega Cloud Services virtual space:
- Provision Direct Connect ports in your AWS Console.
- In My Support Portal, open a Service Request (SR) for the direct connect virtual interface to your virtual spaces. The SR tracks the provisioning process as well as the information provided to you by Pega Cloud Operations for your AWS request. Pega Cloud Operations provides you with the Pega Cloud account and region information for your AWS request.
- In your AWS Console, initiate a request for a virtual interface to Pega Cloud Operations.
- Enter the Pega Cloud account and region information in your request and submit
- Account number
After you submit the request in your AWS Console, Pega Cloud Operations approves and connects this virtual interface to your Pega Cloud VPC. Pega Cloud Operations also sets up basic monitoring for the connection from your Pega Cloud VPC.
You can use a third-party portal to provision a direct network connection, such as one that is offered by your telecommunications provider. If you choose this option, consult the provider's support team about the request process.
Redundancy options for AWS Direct Connect
AWS Direct Connect is a stand-alone connection, and you might want to configure redundancy for the Direct Connect service in your network. Pega Cloud supports the following options for redundancy:
- An additional AWS Direct Connect service (redundant direct connection)
- Failover to customer VPN
You can choose the option that works best for your requirements. You are responsible for the configuration and implementation of redundancy for AWS Direct Connect.