Data management services
Pega Cloud Services offers a robust set of options to provide self-service for your data management requirements1.
Pega Cloud Services database management capabilities offer you the ability to interact with your internal Pega Platform database directly, store data within a secure cloud repository, restore data and attachments as needed, create external database instances for a variety of industry-standard database types, and extract data for use in other systems.
Pega Cloud Services provides the following database management options:
- Use Query Runner, Query Inspector, and Schema Tools to administer your database on Pega Cloud. For more information, see Managing your Pega Platform database in Pega Cloud.
- Rely on a 30-day database backup and restore for all Pega Cloud environments and file attachments. For more information, see Pega Cloud database backup and restore.
- Utilize Pega Cloud Services File Storage for a repository to place all your Pega Cloud environment application files. For more information, see Pega Cloud Services File Storage.
- Apply Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) to extract data from the your Pega
Pega offers BIX as an optional add-on product. Contact your Pega Account Executive to ensure that your license includes BIX access.For more information, see Business Information Exchange for Pega Cloud.
For information about connecting to an external database from your Pega Cloud instance, see Creating an external database instance using JDBC URLs.
1As a customer, you are responsible for ensuring that production data is present only within production environments and that all data within lower environments is sample data that does not contain protected health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII), and other confidential, classified, private, or sensitive information, because such data is unsuitable for use in non-production environments. Pegasystems is not responsible for classifying or confirming whether production data contains sensitive information and whether that data exists within any cloud environment.
- Managing your Pega Platform database in Pega Cloud
Pega Cloud supports certain database operations in Pega Platform, including adding and deleting database columns and running queries on its composite schemas of PegaRULES, PegaDATA, and CustomerData.
- Database backup and restore
Pega Cloud Services provides the back-end database that supports your Pega Platform application. Each client environment is provisioned with dedicated databases inside the client virtual private cloud.
- Using Pega Cloud File Storage
Pega Cloud File Storage is a file storage solution that Pega integrates into Pega Platform to support your Pega applications as a repository for your Pega Cloud Services application case attachments, SFTP Service transactions, Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) extract files, and archived case files, for your Pega Cloud Services environments.
- Business Intelligence Exchange for Pega Cloud applications
Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) provides extract and transform capabilities for Pega Cloud Services clients.