Networking and integration
Pega Cloud® provides the following options for networking, integration, and access control in customer cloud environments:
- Firewall and security group configuration for secure customer access
- Secure VPN access between customer location and client Pega Cloud environments
- HTTP/HTTPS Internet gateway access for connectivity outside of the IPsec VPN
- Three isolated sub-nets within the client Pega Cloud environments with client-defined IP ranges for Production and Sandbox environments
- Pega Infinity integration capabilities with REST, SOAP, HTTP, and SAP connectors and services
- Send documents for electronic signatures using the DocuSign connector
- Send and receive email through integration with customer-defined SMTP server
- FTP/SFTP capabilities for moving files out of customer virtual private cloud over Pega Cloud VPN using Pega Connect-FTP methods
- Monitoring of network and system level access with 12-month storage of security audit logs
- Integrating Pega applications in Pega Cloud with external systems
Integrating Pega Platform and Pega industry applications allows the Pega applications to interact with the applications and your external systems. In order to integrate your Pega applications running in Pega Cloud Services environments with your enterprise systems, use the following rule types:
- Connecting to REST and SOAP services
Use the REST and SOAP connector capabilities of the Pega Platform™ for Pega Cloud Services connectivity, because these connectors are secure, easy to configure, and use common web protocols.
- Configuring enterprise messaging using JMS
Integrate a Java Messaging Service (JMS) model using your Pega Platform application running in your Pega Cloud Services environments. Pega supports configuring Pega Platform to act as both a JMS publisher (to send messages from your Pega application), and as a JMS receiver (to receive messages in your Pega application).
- Configuring enterprise messaging using IBM MQ
- Pega Cloud Services networking details
Pega Cloud® maintains a robust set of networking and security controls that enables you to take advantage of the power of Pega Platform™, strategic applications, and third-party integrations delivered as a cloud-delivered service.
- Requesting a custom domain name for applications hosted in Pega Cloud
For your applications that are hosted in Pega Cloud®, a client can use a custom domain name that conforms to your enterprise standards.
- Integrating with an existing Transit Gateway
Pega Cloud Services supports the integration of a client AWS Transit Gateway to centralize your external connections to your Pega Cloud environments in a monitored and secure private network. The Transit Gateway can act as a secure, centralized hub to route, provision, and monitor your enterprise network topology, including all of your networking connections with your Pega Cloud environments. You can integrate your Pega Cloud VPC, and any Pega Cloud VPN service, with your Transit Gateway, as you would with any other AWS VPC or VPN.
- Pega Cloud VPN service
You can use the Pega Cloud Virtual Private Network (VPN) service to extend your private networks to Pega Cloud, for management of proprietary data traffic, such as on-premises web services and data integrations.
- Configuring Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect in your Pega VPC
Pega Cloud® supports the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Direct Connect service between your Pega Cloud Service virtual private cloud (VPC) and your physical infrastructure within a geographical region without need for a virtual private network (VPN). Use this service to connect to the following endpoints:
- Pega Cloud SFTP service
The Pega Cloud® SFTP service provides Pega Cloud Services clients with simple, secure file transfers to and from their Pega Cloud applications.
- Requesting a virtual private cloud (VPC) peering connection
You can use a virtual private cloud (VPC) peering connection to access your systems of record or transfer data between your Pega Cloud® VPC and your Amazon VPC by using private IPv4 addresses.
- Vulnerability testing policy for applications on Pega Cloud
Pegasystems permits Pega Cloud Services clients and Pega Cloud for Government clients (hereinafter referred to as "Pega Cloud" clients) to conduct security assessments for applications on Pega Cloud as needed, when such assessments are preauthorized and performed within the guidelines described in this article. Pegasystems allows application-tier vulnerability scanning when Pega Cloud clients need to assess and report on the security of their cloud-delivered applications, client-directed development, and related services for the purposes of