Working with Pega Cloud Services
Pega provides services and tools in your Pega Cloud® environments for use with your Pega applications running in your environments. These services and tools can be divided into the following categories:
- Data Management - includes database maintenance, making external database connections, and other tasks.
Networking and integration - connecting to REST or SOAP services, configuring IBM MQ, setting up private connections, such as a VPC peering connection or AWS Direct Connect.
- Vulnerability Testing Policy – the process for conducting security assessments for applications on Pega Cloud.
To ensure your environments and applications work seamlessly together, Pega Cloud Services does not support customizing your deployment outside the use of Pega Platform, because these types of customizations can impact your Pega application performance, reliability, and compatibility with future releases. For details, see Customizations in client Pega Cloud Service accounts.
- Data management services
Pega Cloud® Services offers a robust set of options to provide self-service for your data management requirements1.
- Networking and integration
Pega Cloud® provides the following options for networking, integration, and access control in customer cloud environments:
- The Change Management process in Pega Cloud Services environments
Pega Cloud Services provides comprehensive change management for your Pega Cloud environments. Pega Cloud Services efficiently and securely plans, reviews, tests, implements, and validates your requested changes.
- Customizations in client Pega Cloud Services environments
Pega requires that clients leverage Pega Platform for customizations in their Pega Cloud environments. This ensures you are able to keep your application current with the latest Pega Platform and Pega Cloud features and functionality.
- Considerations when Pega decommissions a Pega Cloud environment
Pegasystems Inc. removes Pega Cloud® Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)—or Pega Cloud environments deployed within the Pega Cloud VPC—using a standard process known as decommissioning.